1. Introducing a girl, Vipin said, ’’Her mother is the only daughter of my mother-in-law.’ How is Vipin related to that girl?
(a) Uncle (b) Father (c) Brother
(d) Husband (e) None of these.
2. Showing the lady in the park, Vineet said,’’ She is the daughter of my grandfather’s only son.” How is Vineet related to that lady?
(a) Brother (b) Cousin (c) Father
(d) Uncle (e) None of these.
3. A man said to a lady,” Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt.” How is that lady related to that man?
(a) Daughter (b) Sister (c) Grand -daughter
(d) Mother (e) Aunt.
4. Introducing a man, a woman said,” His wife is the only daughter of my father.” How is that man related to the woman?
(a) Husband (b) Brother (c) Father-in-law
(d) Maternal-uncle (e) None of these.
5. P is the brother of Q and R.S is R’s mother. T is P’s father. Which of the following statements cannot be definitely true?
(a) Q is T’s son (b) T is Q’s father (c) S is P’s mother
(d) P is S’s son (e) T is S’s husband
6. Introducing a man, a woman said,” He is the only son of my mother’s mother.” How is the woman related to that man?
(a) Mother (b) Cousin (c) Niece
(d) Aunt (e) None of these.
7. Pointing to a lady, A man said.” The son of her only brother is the brother of my wife.” How is the lady related to that man?
(a) Mother’s sister (b) Grand mother (c) Sister of father-in-law
(d) Mother-in law (e) Maternal Aunt.
8. If B says that his mother is the only daughter of A’s mother, how is A related to B?
(a) Son (b) Father (c) Brother
(d) Grandfather (e) Uncle
9. Pointing to a man, a woman said.” He is the brother of my uncle’s daughter.” How is that man related to woman?
(a) Cousin (b) Son (c) Brother-in-law
(d) Nephew (e) Uncle
10. Pointing to a person, Rohit said to Neha,”His mother is the only daughter of your father.” How is Neha related to that person?
(a) Aunt (b) Mother (c) Daughter
(d) Wife (e) None of these
1.(b) The only daughter of Vipin’s mother-in-law is the wife of Vipin. Therefore, the statement, in other words implies that” Her mother is my wife.” Hence, it is clear that Vipin is the father of that girl.
2.(a) The only son of Vineet’s grandfather is the father of Vineet and daughter of Vineet’s father is the sister of vineet. Hence, Vineet is the brother of that lady.
3.(b) Mother’s husband’s sister means that sister of father. Hence, lady is the sister of that man.
4.(a) The only daughter of the woman’s father is she herself. Hence, the woman and the man has a wife-husband relationship.
5.(a) On the basis of the information given in the question, it is confirmed that S is the mother and T is the father of P,Q and R. Out of them P is male and the sex of Q and R is not determined. Hence, it cannot be definitely said that Q is T’s son because the sex of Q is not known as a result Q may be daughter of T.
6.(c) Son of woman’s mother’s mother means the brother of mother. And brother of mother is maternal-uncle. Hence, woman is related as neice to that man.
7.(c) The statement in other words implies her nephew is my son-in-law. Therefore, it is clear that the lady is sister of man’s wife or in other words is the sister of father-in-law.
8 (e) As the given information in the question, B’s mother is the only daughter of A’s mother. In other words ,B is the grandson of A’s mother. Hence, A is the uncle of B. (Assuming A being male).
9 (a) Clearly, the man is the cousin of that woman.
10.(b)Only daughter of Neha’s father is Neha herself. Therefore, statement in other words implies that Neha is the mother of that man.